Winlock Pickersfest Volunteer
Pickersfest is truly a labor of love created by WAMA volunteers. If you
are available to volunteer your time working at the festival, you will find it to be a very
FUN and REWARDING experience. Pickersfest always welcomes exceptionally friendly, easy-going
volunteers. We appreciate people who love music and who love people, and we're grateful to
all the dedicated volunteers who make Pickersfest and related music programs possible.
Volunteering For Pickersfest
In exchange for 2 two-hour shifts of volunteer work, you will earn a Pickersfest Weekend
pass (all 3 days). The majority of volunteer shifts are filled by those volunteers who can
commit to a 2-hour shift on 2 days of the Festival. You may work your volunteer shifts any
time between Thursday and Sunday. Some pre- and post-festival shifts may also be available.
Volunteer Job Descriptions
Festival Entry Gate:
- Festival Registration - check in ticket holders and sell tickets. Collect park camping
fees for each camper, motor home, or tent for overnight camping in the park (not for all
the people camping). You are the first experience of Pickersfest for every person who
attends. You must be friendly, clean, helpful and able to work under pressure. Pickersfest
registration will make use of Square and/or PayPal credit card scanners on a smartphone.
Be sure to ask others in your shift to help with this if you are uncomfortable with
- Greet artists and check in bands, sponsors, vendors and guests. Contracted bands and
immediate family are admitted without charge and may camp for free. Vendors must pay for
admission. Volunteers must be unflappable and pleasant at all times. The ability to be
simultaneously firm and polite is a plus.
- Crowd Management - Direct drivers to parking and camping areas, and check the wristbands
of ALL people returning to the park after leaving. One must be friendly and attentive...and
- Don't forget to bring your own chair for your volunteer shift, as well as for
Pickersfest Shuttle Cart Driver - When a shuttle service is being offered,
help those in need to get to and from the parking lot and the stage area. The ability to safely
help people get in and out of the cart is a must. As a volunteer, you must remember that
helping people to have a great experience is your number one job.
* This position may or may not be available.
Information Tent, Regalia & Raffle Sales:
- Information - works at the Festival Information desk to answer questions about Winolequa
Park, camping, festival activities, schedule, local dining, lost and found, etc. Knowledge
of local area a plus. Knowledge of festival schedule and Line up required. Think of yourself
as Siri with a face.
- Merchandise Sales (t-shirts, etc.) - Ability to work quickly, smile and be very,
very nice, a big plus. You may also be asked to assist at the Artist Sales tables from
time to time.
- Raffle Ticket Sales - You will assist with the sales of raffle tickets. A talent for
looking alive at all times is required.
- Don't forget to bring your own chair for your volunteer shift, as well
as for the shows.
Instructions for Signing Up:
Use our "Contact Us" page and enter
"Volunteer for Pickersfest" in the Subject field. Provide your
full name, email address, and in the Message field, enter something like
"I would like to volunteer for the next Pickersfest." You will be
contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator to let you know what positions
and time slots are available.
Thank you! We greatly appreciate you for volunteering.